We are glad to announce the latest update of Devart’s ADO.NET Data Providers, Entity Developer, and LinqConnect products. This update introduces support for Visual Studio 2022 version 17.8 Preview and expands support for Entity Framework Core while featuring multiple updates in database support and more driver-specific additions and fixes.
dotConnects for DB2, SQL Server, Universal, Salesforce, and cloud data providers now support a massively requested and very popular implementation: .NET Core support and .NET 5, EF Core 5, .NET 6, EF Core 6, .NET 7, and EF Core 7 compatibility.
dotConnects for Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, DB2, SQL Server, Universal, and Salesforce, along with Entity Developer and LinqConnect products, now support Visual Studio 2022 version 17.8 Preview.
The NuGet packages for dotConnect products, with .NET Core compliant assemblies, have been uploaded to www.nuget.org
- The latest version of dotConnect for SQL Server now supports SQL Server 2022.
- dotConnect for Oracle officially supports Oracle 23: The Next Long-Term Support Release, with numerous QOL enhancements.
- The new version of dotConnect for MySQL now comes with added support for MariaDB 11.
- With the new update, dotConnect for PostgreSQL has added support for PostgreSQL 16.
- dotConnect for Magento now includes support for Magento 2.4 in its latest version.
- The SQLiteSnapshot class is implemented to record a snapshot of the current database state and restore a transaction to the existing snapshot.
- Entity Framework Core 7.0.10 and 6.0.21 are now supported in dotConnect for Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and SQLite.
Please refer to the revision histories in the table below for the full list of changes.
dotConnect’s latest release marks a significant upgrade, delivering official support for .NET 5, 6, 7, and EF Core 5, 6, 7. This update also features database compatibility improvements for multiple dotConnect products and the latest Visual Studio preview version support. Additionally, it incorporates multiple features requested by the community, alongside numerous bug fixes and improvements that enhance the overall user experience.
Download and try the tools today to explore these new features and enhancements!