Devart, a vendor of ODBC Drivers for many databases and cloud services, announced the release of new versions of ODBC drivers. Among new features and enhancements are thread safety and improved connection pooling, compatibility with sandboxed applications for macOS, and performance of obtaining metadata.
Our ODBC drivers for ASE, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Azure, SQLite, and SQL Server are now thread-safe. They manipulate shared data structures in a manner that ensures that multiple threads behave properly and are executed concurrently without unintended interaction.
All drivers can now be activated without administrator privileges.
Performance of obtaining metadata was improved in ODBC drivers for cloud applications: Zoho CRM, Salesforce, QuickBooks, and others. The metadata contains information about the database structure: the entity names and their relationships, the names and types of attributes, user constraints, data integrity and storage information.
Connection pooling was improved in all ODBC drivers. In database management systems, a connection pool is a cache of database connections that can be reused when requests to the database are required again. Reusing previously created connections from cache eliminates the need to create new connections, which results in significantly higher performance of executing commands on a database.
- Improved compatibility with sandboxed applications for macOS
- InterBase driver got better compatibility with InterBase 6.x, 7.0
- MailChimp driver now supports the MailChimp API 3.0
- Token-based authentication was supported in NetSuite driver
- Oracle 19c database and client were supported in the ODBC driver for Oracle
- PostgreSQL driver now supports Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL
- The Direct mode in SQLite driver is now based on the version 3.27.2 of the SQLite engine
The download links for ODBC drivers for databases:
The download links for ODBC drivers for cloud services:
If you ever decide to share your feedback or request a new feature, you are welcome to join our forum.